Sign up to receive ACDSee newsletters featuring photography and creative work from the ACDSee community, software and photography tips, event listings and special offers available only to subscribers.
With the release of ACD Systems' latest installment of their signature Photo Studio product line comes a rebranding. ACDSee, ACDSee Pro, and ACDSee Ultimate have been re-branded as Photo Studio, and signifies the continuation of their legacy. ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2018 has become a top contender in photo editing software. With ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2018 you can seamlessly manage and non-destructively edit RAW photos with GPU-accelerated layers.
"We're excited to provide our users with even more creative editing tools that remove limitations from what they can do with their photos,” said Mark Cosgrove, ACD Systems’ Director of Production. “Smart Erase, for example, lets the user remove what they want from the image, and Photo Studio will fill in the area with a natural background. Liquify can be used to move pixels without changing them. And ACDSee Mobile Sync is going to jump-start their workflow by getting the images into ACDSee Photo Studio wirelessly."
- Smart Erase: Select unwanted objects for removal and use the Smart Erase function to fill in the area with a matching background.
- Liquify tool: Allows you to distort objects in images without compromising quality.
- ACDSee Mobile Sync: Wirelessly and instantly send photos and videos directly to ACDSee Photo Studio from your mobile device.
- ACDSee Actions Browser: Manage recordings and batch apply any of 125+ pre-loaded recordings to multiple images at once.
- Keyboard Shortcuts: Optimize your workflow with predefined and customizable hot keys.
- Frequency Separation: Smooth out flaws without losing texture.
- Pixel Targeting: Select and mask by targeting specific brightness ranges and colors within the image.
- Grain tool: Give your images an old, film grain look.
- Polygon Selection tool: Select around edges and irregular shapes.
- New Adjustment Layer – Split Tone: Non-destructively tint shadows and highlights respectively.
- Chromatic Aberration in Edit Mode: Heal colored fringes on the borders of high contrast areas.
- Lens Correction now available in Edit Mode.
- WIA 2.0 Scanner Support. (64-bit support only)
- Improved speed and performance in Develop mode and Layered Editor.
- Develop mode brushing is now 400% faster.
- The Brush tool, Eraser tool, and Selection Brush tool (excluding Magic modes) all use multi-threading for improved performance.
- Faster undoing and redoing.
- Improved Import: Avoid uploading the same photos repeatedly with an import tool that
- Digital Asset Management improvement: Keywords and Categories on their own respective panes allows for proper space to manage growing hierarchies.
- Upload to Facebook in the background.
- ACDSee Photo Studio now comes pre-loaded with over 100 new borders and textures.
- New History Window as a pane.
- New Clone tool pressure slider.
- View mode Slide Show can now play videos.
- You can now browse your iPhone or Android phone in ACDSee Photo Studio.
- Fixed an issue with uploading to Flickr.
- And other bug fixes.
Added RAW Support
- Canon EOS 6D Mark II
- Canon EOS 200D (EOS Kiss X9, EOS Rebel SL2)
- Canon EOS M2
- Nikon COOLPIX B700
- Nikon D7500
- Nikon D810A
- Olympus Tough TG-5
- Sony ILCE-9
- Sony ILCE-3500
- Samsung NX3300
- Panasonic DC-ZS70 (TZ-90)
- Fujifilm X-A3
ACD Systems is committed to releasing regular updates to support RAW files from new camera models, as they become available. View the complete list of supported RAW formats.